For 50 years, Christ Lutheran Child Care Center was blessed to serve our community with loving childcare. We give thanks for the hundreds of families and children who trusted us to grow and learn with them. We are grateful for the staff who gave of themselves to care for our children. We will miss all of you.
The difficult decision to close the childcare center has been made. The last intended date of operation will be September 30, 2020. The impact of COVID on our enrollment has simply left the center in a position of unsustainability at this time.
We understand that this decision will have a big impact in your daily routine and recognize that finding affordable and quality childcare can be difficult. To assist you in finding alternative childcare arrangements, a list of childcare centers in the local area can be found at:
We are looking to the coming months to bring some form of end to this pandemic and new opportunities for the center, including the option of re-opening as Christ Ascension Pre-School. We truly hope we will be able to welcome your children back in the future. Until then, stay well.
The Governor’s Office has issued “Reopening Pennsylvania”, a segmented planned roll-out of soft openings by region.
Below is a summary of the planned reopening of the center. All parents, family, friends, staff, and children must adhere to these guidelines at all times.
Childcare with precautionary procedures
1. Movement and Entry Restrictions
2. Increased Sanitizing and Deep Cleaning Schedules CFOC Guidelines
3. Routine Equipment and High Traffic Sanitizing hourly
4. Temperature checks routinely during day and staff transitions
a. Documentation of all checks for staff and children MUST be maintained
5. All applicable CDC, and DOE Guidelines to be followed
6.Supplies all left in the exterior box. No inside deliveries.
7. PPE required on Staff and parents during check in and pick up and infant care
8. Capacity Limits strictly Monitored
9. Student Groups Limited to classroom sizes only; no mixed groups
10. Increased Outdoor Activity (Weather Permitting)
Students’ Eligibility to Return
• Students must be in good health
• All children must be Fever free, have no Respiratory Symptoms, or Sore Throat for the 7 days prior to returning to school
• All children must be up to date on all vaccines
• Should a child receive a booster or regularly scheduled vaccine please bring copy to school after receiving vaccine
• Parents will bring child to the back entrance or vestibule, weather dependent, where Staff Member will greet child and take temperature with no-contact temporal thermometers
• Staff will wear proper PPE to perform temperature check (disposable gloves & cloth mask)
• Should a child have a fever, child will be not be permitted in school and will be sent home to quarantine
• Child may return when they are symptom free for 7 days
• Should a parent need to enter building they will be allowed as far as the vestibule
• No parent is allowed past vestibule or into any classroom
• All parents will be required to wear masks.
• No siblings are allowed to enter building to assist in drop-off
• Parents will ring doorbell, and staff member will greet them
• Staff will retrieve child from classroom, assist with packing child up and escorting child to door where parent will wait
• Parents should wear masks if entering building to pick child up
• No siblings are allowed to enter building to assist in pickup
• If line of parents forms during peak pick up times please leave at least six feet space between parents
Sending a Child Home Early
• Child will not be permitted to stay for school if fever is indicated during initial temperature check
• If a child develops symptoms during the school day they are subject to being sent home and quarantining
• Symptoms include:
o Runny Nose
o Sore Throat
o Increased fussiness or irritability
o Inconsolable crying
• Child identified with any symptoms will be removed from classroom to the former infant room for isolation until pick up can be achieved
• Other children will be relocated to another classroom to permit cleaning
• Temperatures of all other children will be rechecked and documented
• Staff will do an initial cleaning of all toys, and hard surfaces
• Admin will notify cleaning crew and inform of classroom(s) with potentially sick child and thorough cleaning will be completed that evening following CFOC (Caring for our Children) Guidelines.
• Staff handling infants will not handle food preparation or lunches.
• Lunches will be pre-made and placed in individual student lunch bags; no additional food preparation will be permitted.
Our services and employment are provided in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, disability, and age.